Re: Electric Fuel Pump Cut-off Switch

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump Cut-off Switch
From: tigerpb@ids.net (Paul Burr)
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 22:05:30 -0400
>I'm planning on replacing the snake's mechanical fuel pump with an
>electric pump and I've got a question about the pump arrangement on
>Tigers.  My son's TR8 has an inertia switch which cuts off power to the
>fuel pump upon heavy impact.  I've also heard about switches that cut off
>pump power when oil pressure goes to zero.  Did Tigers come with any sort
>of emergency cut-off switch?  If not, have any of you installed one?
>
>Roland
Roland; Tiger's didn't have any any provision to cut power to the fuel
pump. Except when the wire shorts and melts.(Ask Al J.'bout that one!) I
added a manual switch to mine. If you put it between the white wire (fuel
pump) and the fuse block, it's easy to connect. It comes in handy when you
want to work on the engine with the ignition on and not have the fuel pump
grinding away. Also makes a handy anti- theft device if hidden or
unlabeled. My '91 Mustang GT had an inertia switch in the rear hatch area,
so a junkyard trip might produce a useful part.