A simple tech tip

To: tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: A simple tech tip
From: Seth Johnson <johnss@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 09:59:46 -0400
There is a hazard in mounting inside screw (early) taillight lenses to the
taillight
assembly with the self tapping screws used for that purpose. I learned from
experience.
Seems that the undersize "boss" holes cast into the N.O.S. plastic lens have
grown very
brittle over the years and when you force the self-tapping screw in, the
plastic breaks
away,leaving you with no way to mount the lens.
        I took a screwdriver outfitted with the claw-tip designed to hold the
screw in
place, and heated the screw with a propane torch-hot, but not glowing. This
allowed the
self treading screw to tap the boss without shattering. Not a big deal perhaps,
but it
IS difficult to buy ONE amber taillight lens. (Thanks, Rick)  Al J. B9472024