BOP / Really , Really Small

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: BOP / Really , Really Small
From: Rick Fedorchak <Rick_Fedorchak_at_750@ccmail.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 08:47:14 -0400
Re:

engine">>>>>>

Hmmm.   _I_ sure don't remember PontiacTempests having a "215" v-8.  Slant
four, "rope" driveshaft, and transaxle,........ yes.    215 v-8.......???
But hey, if that's true then which did Pontiac use ? The Olds or Buick motor ?

features were
shared amongst "p" cars so it isn't incorrect to refer to them as BPOE
afterall" >>>>>>>>>>>

Agreed,  _IF_ you're talking about the "accessories" ( the transmission /
common bell housing bolt pattern coming to mind specifically ) and not the
engines themselves.  Buick, Olds, and Pontiac _engines_  are distinctly
different.

...... You'd need _ another_ four cylinders just to pull that weight around
! ..............   Hey, do all the go fast parts available for the 389 fit
in the 194 ??

package.  In a practical sense the Ford has far greater HP potential because
of the availability and lower cost of performance goodies (at least here in

Definitely.  Also I might add, practical from the standpoint of being more
durable ( good ol cast iron does have some inherent advantages ) and less
stressed due to another 75 to 90 inches more displacement over the 215.

Hey, has anybody put anything like a late model Nissan V-6 and 5 speed in an
Alpine ??

                                                    Rick Fedorchak