Re: Yawn ??

To: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yawn ??
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 20:48:14 -0700 (PDT)

>I guess a motor with about 75 to 90 cubic inches more of displacemet WOULD
>make more power.  Did you expect otherwise ?? As I said before it's possible
>to expand a 215 to about 305 cubic inches using essentially stock parts.
>I'm sure THAT combination would equal the smallblock Ford power output.  And
>it would do it while contributing 140 to 150 lbs. less wieght to the vehicle.

OK, then I get to go to 357CI with my 289, and yes that can be done with
"essentially stock parts".

Have you ever seen the ports and valves on a Buick or Rover 215 head?  I
have and I have to tell you they are not impressive.  OK so the Ford isn't
either but they are larger stock than the 215 and I can buy aftermarket
heads (in aluminum too and reduce that weight differential) with ports and
valves commensurate with 400+ HP for the Ford.  Can't do that with the
Buick/Rover.

Your going to have to spend more money and work a lot harder with the 215
and you won't be able to match the Ford output.

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  (2.3L powered by Ford)
                       Yamaha Seca 900