EXHAUSTed

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: EXHAUSTed
From: NamasteRH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 22:51:35 -0400
Howdy Group:

I am in the process of replacing my DPO's cockamamie version of an exhaust
system with one from Tiger Tom and I have a couple of quick questions.

First, what are the appropriate stud dimensions on the exhaust manifold?  On
the left side I have two 9/16 studs which seem original, but on the right,
above the starter I have nada.  The DPO substituted a 1/2 inch hex-head screw
and a 9/16 hex-head bolt.  Hopefully I can recover the threads by inserting
the appropriate stud, but your collective advice would be much appreciated.

Second, has anyone else use Tom's exhaust?  The flanges on mine at the
manifold were too large to fit between the studs (left) or stud holes (right)
so some significant grinding was required.  Is that true of all the down pipe
from Tom, or was I just "lucky"?

Thanks for the bandwidth.

Rick Hoefle (1964 B9470508)

PS  On an unrelated note, I noticed that my engine was idling rough and I was
hearing a ticking sound while it was running.  Upon closer examination I
found that the ticking was a pretty blue spark leaping merrily from my
half-extracted coil wire to the fuel line passing over it.  Paints a stunning
picture, doesn't it?  Tighten those wires up folks.