RE:EXHAUSTed

To: NamasteRH@AOL.COM, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:EXHAUSTed
From: RKEMPINS@SSF4.jsc.nasa.gov (Kempinski, Robert M.)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 10:57:07 -0500
REPLY FROM: Kempinski, Robert M.
Rick,

>Second, has anyone else use Tom's exhaust?  The flanges on mine at the
>manifold were too large to fit between the studs (left) or stud holes (right)
>so some significant grinding was required.  Is that true of all the down pipe
>from Tom, or was I just "lucky"?

I used Tiger Tom's exhaust and fit it perfectly. No grinding or rebending
required. So I guess you were lucky!

I didn't weld the sections but rather used the exhaust clips Tiger Tom
provides. They rust in about 10 minutes so some day I'll upgrade to stainless
steel.

The only difficulty I had was the threads stripped in one of the exhaust
manifold holes. However, a drill, tap and helicoil solved that problem
admirably.

The chrome tips on the exhaust have garned several favorable comments from
neighbors.

Rob Kempinski