Re: RE- Jensen Date vs. CA DMV.

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Bennett Cullen <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: RE- Jensen Date vs. CA DMV.
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 96 10:23:36 PST
     Cullen, Norm, et.al.;

     -Did you get a definitive calendar month from DMV when the model year
     cutoff/changeover is? I vaguely remember it used to be October started
     their new fiscal year. Supposedly this was based on the fact that the
     "official" new car model year was right around this time & that their
     fiscal year also tracked with the Fed Govt's.

     Norm, I took your book too, I guess I just got a Nurse Cratchit-type.
     I was using my October cutoff date..she wouldn't tell me when the DMV
     model year cutoff was. Our car, B382002328 shows a "Jensen Date" of I
     believe, August of '66. DMV has my car listed as a '67, though I
     thought because of my October fantasy above it should be a '66.

     Now I have ANOTHER DMV FORM that I can have a local officer of the law
     sign-off on that my car really is what I say it is, not what DMV says.

     Am I just wasting my time? My registration cost $325.00 after we
     bought our TIGER because of late filing, double-transfer fees, etc. by
     the "real" & interim PO's. So I kinda' reached my saturation point
     with DMV.Maybe if I decide on a personalized plate in the future, will
     I fight this one again.

                                  Phil