Re[4]: Apocryphal?

To: tigers@autox.team.net, marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Subject: Re[4]: Apocryphal?
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 96 12:09:36 PST
     All;

     -What's scary about this whole thing is, unless you have the actual
     work-orders to match to the Production Plan/Records(in my example, the
     "official" changeover on the 260 badge was car # 2400)you'll never
     know if there was an actual deviation from the BOM's/ship schedule.

     I happen to be right now trying to reconcile this kind of discrepancy.
     Us "production-types" don't really care-we got it shipped-but the Cost
     Acctng. folks have actual-cost variances for machine-ships that don't
     match the "breakpoints".Hence, it's hell trying to figure out your
     COGS & profit margins if you have these variances for 1 product over a
     month's shipments.

     -Multiply this problem by # of products mfg. and all the DIFFERENT
     p/n's "breakpointing" at different spots....makes one want to consider
     a career change to something less-stressful.

                                       Phil