Re: Swill or Swirl

To: Modtiger@engravers.com
Subject: Re: Swill or Swirl
From: "G.S.Sutherland" <G.S.Sutherland@phil.hull.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 13:05:16 +0100 (BST)
+        Picture this: The water/gas mixture enters the tank tangentially,
+ is mechanically kept in a helical motion with possible increasing or
+ decreasing tangential velocity, whereby the gas bubbles tend to drift to
+ the center due to lower density and centrifucal acceleration. The top
+ center of this chamber is somehow vented to remove the gas build up and
+ the now de-gassed coolant returns to the system for another pass. "That"
+ sounds a lot more like todays Formula One high tech stuff, but of course
+ I could be dead wrong.

        I think that Tom's described it far better than I could, given
that I've no engineering background, and possess all the mechanical
aptitude of a goldfish.

+       Tom Hall, modtiger@engravers.com

                Graeme