Re: license plate mounting

To: david duncanson <catsclaws@msn.com>
Subject: Re: license plate mounting
From: "tim vb-o'brien" <vbob@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 09:09:19 -0700
david duncanson wrote:

> The Rootes competition dept solved all problems with regards to
> The license plate mounting.
>
> The no. plate was painted on the bonnet and boot lid in black and the digits
> were painted on top of that in white
>
> Certainly solved the problem as far as blocking air to the radiator or indeed
> falling off !
>
> I suppose there is some law which prohibits doing the same thing now?
>
> Anyway I can't see it catching on !!
>
> although it does look very neat --- DSD
>

> Tom Hall

Tom,
That would be great! After the CA legislature finishes with the over 25
year smog law, maybe we can push for legal 'painted on' license plates!
We'll push it as a great cottage industry. I always liked how a car in
England was assigned a number once and kept it for the life of the car.
I'm sure you could get number letter combinations though that would make
you regret it. (My mother, a good Catholic woman, once had "CEX069" on
her old International TravelAll!).

tim
B395002095