Re: Driving Caps/Hats

To: SDeane7000@aol.com
Subject: Re: Driving Caps/Hats
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 17:33:53 +0100
SDeane7000@aol.com wrote:

> Why don't we just hire a clown (dressed in BRG) to follow our caravans and
> cap-scoop rather than poop-scoop?  Caps could then be reunited with heads
> following the event.
>
> The cost, however, could be prohibitive for smaller groups or individuals.
>
> Scotty

Scotty,

Great Idea, Scotty. He would have to be properly outfitted, of course,
for the task. As a start to a list of requirements:

1) He would have to be driving a Tiger (TAC'd, of course), to be able to
keep up.
2) The windshield would have to be removed to allow the cap pick up
trick to be accomplished BEFORE running them over.
3) A suitable long pole with a hook, or pointed end, would be
swivel-mounted over the front end to "lance" the caps as the car lined
up with them. If the "clown" driver were suitably skilful, the lance
could be fixed-mounted and the pick-up made by skillful
driving/spearing.
4) The "clown" would have to be suitably attired, so as not to detract
from his elegant companions. I suggest the leather flying cap with
strap, divided goggles and silk scarf. Then he wouldn't need ANOTHER
clown behind him to pick up his hat.
5) This actually sounds like such a fine driving skill challenge that it
could easily become an Autocross Event, and participants would line up
to score the most caps, over an obstacle course, in the quickest time.
The winner could be the official cap-catcher for the next group run.

Any more contributors?

{8->

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/