Re: Fwd: Tiger GT's

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Tiger GT's
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com (Don Daves)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 19:31:50 -0500 (CDT)
you wrote:
>I have never understood the reasoning for a removeable hardtop but no
>softtop.  Did other sports cars  of the era have an equivalent model?
>     Just curious.
>
>     Jeff

Corvettes.  All years through 1962 and I think all 'Vette roadsters
through 1967 could be had with either a soft top or the removeable hard
top (same base price).  Most opted for the removeable hardtop with only
a few paying the extra bucks to special-order both tops.

Hope I didn't offend anyone by inferring this model qualifies as a true
sports car - after all, it ain't British!

      Don Daves