Re[2]: Tiger Gas Mileage

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, Derrick Schmidt <dschmidt@hsc.usc.edu>
Subject: Re[2]: Tiger Gas Mileage
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 97 09:26:04 EST

     I had the same problem with my original 2bbl carb  before and after
     rebuilding it. No matter how I adjusted it, it ran rich and the
     exhaust smelled real bad.  The solution was to replace the carb and
     manifold with an Edelbrock Performer 289 manifold and a 600cfm 4bl
     carb.   Now, I have power up to the red line and great starting and
     drivability. The old carb & manifold were too restrictive and you
     could feel the engine hp and torque drop off over 3800 rpm.

     Jeff