Convertible top part -Reply

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, mmcbeth@compusmart.ab.ca
Subject: Convertible top part -Reply
From: John Crawley <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 08:38:31 -0600
Hi Michael:
I may have one for you. Lets get together I live in Edmonton too and
have a number of TIGER parts. There are about 8 - 10 tigers in this
area perhaps we can form our own TIGER group maybe as part of the
Edmonton Classic Sprots Car Club like the Mini people did. Give me a
call at 476-1702 or 471-8716.
Godspeed
Jc

>>> Michael McBeth <mmcbeth@compusmart.ab.ca>  7/12/97, 01:12pm >>>
I am hoping someone on the list can help me with locating a rather
obscure part for my '65 Tiger. What I need is referred to in the
manual as a 'tension rod' for the convertible top (also the 'locking
collar and spigot' part of the assembly would be nice altough my old
ones may still be around). This chrome assembly is the little rod you
plug into the front of the soft top to pull it toward the windshield.
My driver side one broke when attepting to put up a brand new top
which was installed a little too tight. I now have a brand new seven
year old top which has never been up. It is mid July now and I assume
that Summer is just around the corner here in Edmonton. I understand
Summer was four days in the first week in August last year and I
wouldn't want to miss it. Can anyone spare one off of a parts car, or
does anybody make a repro?

Thank you for your help
Michael McBeth