Re: minilites

To: "Peter Valentine" <peterv@dial.pipex.com>,
Subject: Re: minilites
From: "Bill and Carol Rogers" <milward@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 15:32:54 -0700
I hve been in contact with a UK buddy and he tells me that Tech Del make
the
genuine Minilites. They have all the data necessary to make wheels to suit
specific
cars and will ship direct and VAT free to US. He recently had some 6J
x 13" wheels made for the Triumph 2000 and the finish is superb, silver rim
with gold centre. He spoke to Guy Robinson at Tech Del and they have data
on
Tigers available and suggests that a 6J x 13 would be ideal with the offset
as supplied to Rootes. This is clearly the best route to go on this and the
extra 0.5" will make little difference.

I believe that Paul Kynaston (won '97 UK Historic Rally Stage Champ. in
Tiger)
is running 6.6J x 14" wheels as current FIA regs. allow an increase of 1"
on homologated dia. And 1/2" on width with a max increase of 1" on the
track.

Contacts for Guy Robinson at Tech Del are as follows:
Tech Del Limited, 25B Chertsey Road, Cobham, Surrey, GU24 8PD, England
Tel:    +44 1276 855502 Fax:    +44 1276 857534
E.Mail:         G.A.Robinson@BTInternet.com.uk
Web Site:       racecar.co.uk/minilite

Minilites look much more substantial than Panasports and have the advantage
for rivet counters of being fitted by the Rootes factory rather than a
dealer like LAT-9's or -70's and are also competition proven.

BTW perhaps Norman Miller knows if any of the Los Angeles Tiger options
were ever made available in the UK?

Bill Rogers
> From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
> To: tigers@autox.team.net; Andy Frese <frese@briseis.cns.muskingum.edu>
> Subject: Re: minilites
> Date: Thursday, August 21, 1997 1:06 PM
>

>      Mini-lites are still manufactured by the original company in
England.