Clutch Return Spring

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch Return Spring
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com (Don Daves)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 21:52:55 -0500 (CDT)
Howdy,
I've seen some mention lately of the need for a return spring on the
through-out bearing lever.  I finally crawled under my Tiger today and
discovered the arm tight against the clutch - no return spring and no
free play.  If I push the arm and rod back into the slave cylinder, it
bottoms out with about a 1/4 inch free play, which seems about right.

So my questions are:  how stiff a spring do I get?  How long?  The arm
has a nice hole in it to hook a spring but where do you attach the
other end? (maybe the cast iron exhaust had provisions for hooking a
spring, but I've got headers) Any opinions greatly appreciated.

Don Daves      <dondaves@ix.netcom.com>
Rio Del Mar, CA.
65 Sunbeam Tiger MKI(his)
64 1/2 Mustang conv. (hers)