Re: A Can of 86 Green, Please!

To: Armand & Lorie Ritchie <ritchie@mcn.org>
Subject: Re: A Can of 86 Green, Please!
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 14:50:13 +0100
Armand & Lorie Ritchie wrote:

> Steven and everyone there is a page on the TE/AE web site
> (http://www.mindspring.com/~teae/) that shows paint codes for all the
> rootes colors.  Go to their main page and then click on tiger, you will see
> the page link on the left hand side.  They show Ditzler, Lucite and Dulux
> codes plus chip numbers.  I checked with Tower paint and they said they
> could get them all.

 REgards Armand Ritchie

Armand,

I did do that, and Tower did look up those codes, and the footnotes on
those codes. Their books show that these numbers are a close match using
their standard pigments. They are not a match, just a close second. If
you're repainting the entire car, then close may be good enough, and
depending upon your taste maybe better. But, not the "same". The Rootes
codes the used in enamel are the correct color. Although I must confess
that after 32 odd years, the paint might not be just like it came from
the factory.

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >