Re: Water Pumps

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Water Pumps
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 97 09:18:12 PST
     "Tiger-heater". Another oxymoron. Not having the heater hoses make
     working on the car MUCH EASIER. Try it sometime. You can always wear a
     coat if you get cold.

Subject: Water Pumps
Author:  Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net> at ~INTERNET
Date:    9/18/97 9:09 AM

BMcgu22954@aol.com wrote:

> Mr Stewart might have a valid point about blowing the rad. cap of the Tiger
> with a higher pressure pump. We are limited to 14lb in the Tiger. The heater
> core really can't take more.
>
> Bruce

Bruce,

You have brought up a very interesting, and here-to-fore unconsidered,
point. The Tiger radiator cap also limits the maximum system pressure to
14 psi to protect the heater from "bulging" into an interference fit in
it's housing.