Re: Water Pumps

To: Spook37211@aol.com
Subject: Re: Water Pumps
From: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu (Bob Palmer)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 97 11:55:34 PDT
Ray et al.,

With regard to the effect of water pump pressure on heater end tanks: if
there is a heater control valve on the inlet side of the heater and it is
closed, then the pressure seen by the heater is only the low pressure side.
Conclusion: Don't rev the motor to high rpms with the heater on.  Also, I
recently overhauled a heater core which, like every one that's been in my
car, was bulged on the ends.  The end pieces were designed to be
strengthened with solder attachment in the center as well as around the
edges.  However, in fact, the solder joint in the middle is usually left
unsecured which makes the end pieces more susceptible to bulging.  A more
careful reassembly could help this problem.

Bob