Re: California Registration Tags

To: larryall@pacbell.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: California Registration Tags
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 23:31:53 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-25 21:11:39 EDT, larryall@pacbell.net writes:

<<
 I bought my registration tags today for the Mk1.  Cost me $128 which
 I thought was quite high for a 32 year old car.  The lady at DMV
 told me it is because the car is a classic.  I tried to tell her
 that it is just a 32 year old car but she wouldnt listen to me.
 She told me to write to the DMV in Sacramento for a determination
 of whether the fees should be adjusted.

 My question to the newsgroup is: Anyone out there register a Mk1
 this year in California and how much did they charge you for the tags?
 I hope that I dont find out that the state is dinging me extra fees
 just because the car is smog exempt and therefore wont generate
 Smog Check II fees.

And I was bitchin' about 28 bucks.......
Ray