Re: "" POSSIBLE TIGER CLONE WARNING ""

To: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: "" POSSIBLE TIGER CLONE WARNING ""
From: PLRRESTO <PLRRESTO@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:51:15 EDT
Phil,

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

Its statements like yours that have plagued the STOA TAC program since it's
inception. It has NEVER been an "underlying motivation" of the TAC program to
identify Alpine conversions or so called "Algers", but rather to simply create
a list of real Tigers, so that potential buyers of the marque will have a
place to go to verify the authenticity of the vehicle they are thinking about
purchasing if they are interested. And by "real", I mean assembled on the
Jensen assembly line. There maybe an inactive inspector or two in our program
who wishes STOA would publish a list of Algers, but its NOT going to happen,
because no such list exists and we're not interested in creating such a list.
We leave that sort of thing to Norm Miller and the Tiger Registry. Please,
Phil, think about these statements first before you post them on the Net.

As to the particular MKll in question, this car has never been presented to
TAC for inspection and therefore we CAN NOT make any statements regarding it's
authenticity. Norm Miller and Jan Harde may feel they have enough evidence to
justify their statements and that their business, not ours.

And a word of caution to all others; don't believe everything you read. On
THREE separate occasions, the owners of Tiger Technologies have contacted me
personally to inform me of the existance of Algers in the LA area. In all
THREE cases, THEY WERE WRONG. I'm sure I'm not the only person they presented
this "information" too. I wonder how many people are running around out there
thinking these cars are fakes.You know, She told two friends, and she told two
friends. Maybe I've just discovered a new reason to support the TAC program.

And finally, STOA will very shortly be publishing a list of authenticated
Tigers on it's Web page listed numerically by serial number.

Comments welcome,

Paul Reisentz

STOA TAC Chairman