Alpine or Tiger II?

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Alpine or Tiger II?
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 20:43:54 -0500
Tiger Folks,
        All this Alger talk reminded me of 1970.  It happened that my
67 Tiger II burned out the resistor that was part of the alternator
circuit.  I had no Idea what ohms it was susposed to be and no parts
were available from Chrysler as they were already trying to kill the
@#$! Ford powered Sunbeam after they bought Sunbeam.  It happened that
I saw a White Sunbeam with three stripes down the side.
It was in the same parking lot where I was working.
It said "Alpine" but no where did it say "Tiger".  It did have two
tail pipes and the rounded headlight rims of a Tiger II.  By leaving
 a note on the windshield I was able to get in contact with the owner
who turned out to be a nice lady.  I explained that I needed to measure
the resistor on her car and she agreeded. It turned out that she
had a 1967 Tiger II ,  except there was nowhere to be found the word
"Tiger".  I asked her about this and she said she had bought it new
in France and in France they did not allow the "Tiger" script.
 She had just returned from France with the "Alpine/Tiger?"

The resistor was 15 ohms which I replaced with a non-automotive
power resistor that is still good 27 years later.

Tiger IIs have the Chrysler Penta-Star mounted in a certain location.
 I don't remember if the White "Alpine/Tiger/" had the Penta-Star.

Has any one else ran across a "Tiger" originally sold in France?
Or some other place besides USA and England?

Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others