Re: Ford 6 blade fans

To: laifman@flash.net (Steve Laifman), tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ford 6 blade fans
From: wwwdg@webtv.net (David Franchi)
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 15:07:27 -0800
I got my fans from 1964 Falcons with 6 cyl engines and air cond. They
had a one inch hub hole originally. I did get one fan in a Tiger in a
wrecking yard. I believe Los Angeles Tiger used this "Falcon" fan and it
wasn't made special? Although if you look at the racing Lat 42 photo in
Norm's book it appears to have a small hub hole.
  The hub used on the Tiger part # B9ME-8553-A is a 1959 Mercury part
number. As you know Ford used anything that would work including
industrial parts on the Tiger engine. The "D" in "C4DE" (I believe) is
an industrial part number as is "J".
  This C4DE-8600-A fan has the rear edge of the blades trimmed off
almost like it was done for the Tiger. I don't know why Ford would use
this fan with a 1" hub  on Falcons etc. unless they had a large quantity
in stock and wanted to use them up.       David Franchi