Re: Electrical *&@#^$#

To: "tiger technologies" <tartanad@ix23.ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Electrical *&@#^$#
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 07:57:53 -0500
You did mean that the generator was polarized didn't you, not the
regulator? Does the dash light have ignition feed to one side of the light?
If you've lost the ign feed the gen. light will glow from normal output, as
the current goes from the generator to ground somewhere. this may be the
most likley cause of a glowing light when the charging system works ok.

Happy Motoring

Doug Leithauser

----------
> From: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix23.ix.netcom.com>
> To: tigers@autox.team.net
> Subject: Electrical *&@#^$#
> Date: Tuesday, December 02, 1997 8:40 PM
>
> Tigerman needs help!
>
> My MK1A with its freshened up motor was purring along nicely when the
> generator light went on. I took her home to the garage, opened the hood,
> checked some wires and then scratched my head.
>
> The problem is the generator dash light shines bright. When I rev it up,
it
> dims for a moment, then back to full brilliance. Turning on the
headlights
> makes no difference.
>
> Here's the deal: it's got a fresh generator that checks out just fine on
the
> bench, a brand new (yes polarized) regulator, well-grounded wires, tight
> connections, etc. But the %$#@*&^ light won't go off.
>
> Anybody out there have any suggestions? I need all the help I can get.
I'm
> one of those guys who can tear down and reasemble an AR15 or AK47 in the
> dark, but electricity is a mystery.
>
> The suggestion that works wins one of Tiger Technologies' Tigerrags
Division