RE: Windshield

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Windshield
From: "Fraser,Ron" <Ron_Fraser@xn.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 07:15:11 PST
Tym
        The windshield is not hard to replace but it is time consuming.
 There are several layers to the side moulding, all pop riveted to the
 frame.   I suggest you take very good notes,  take pictures or video
 as you disassemble the windshield.   Carefully note where the pop
 rivets are and any chalking on the mouldings.   Drill out the pop
 rivets and carefully remove the mouldings.
        The windshield glass should come out fairly easily once all the
 moulding is removed.   Just follow the shop manual instructions to
 remove the glass and take your time.
        To assemble the winshield , again follow the shop manual instructions
 and take your time.    Follow your notes on how the side moulding was
 pop riveted and use your own judgment to chalk where needed.

I hope this helps you,   good luck with your project.

Happy New Year !!!
Ron Fraser