Re[2]: Missing Response

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, <CobMeister@aol.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Missing Response
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 98 15:40:41 -0500

     Greetings Colin,

     'I suspect that you overstate the case.  I would agree that the
     majority of vehicles badged as Tigers are "the real thing" but the
     VAST majority?'

     Yes, I really believe the number of bogus Tigers is very small.  To
     believe otherwise, paints a bleak and suspicious view of the Sunbeam
     Tiger world which I don't have.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there
     are fake Tigers out there but not in the numbers some seem to think
     there are.

'The simple fact is that there are a bunch of conversions masquerading as
"authentics" out there and that a bunch of very knowledgeable enthusiasts have
purchased the cars and lost considerable sums of money when the deception was
revealed.'

      Does anyone have figures on the number of bogus Tigers? Is it 10, 20, 50
      maybe 1000?  No one has a count that can be verified that I've seen.

'When I told the seller that I would have to bow out due to the lack of a cert
he contacted STOA and the inspectors went well beyond the call of duty in
accommodating the owner's sudden need for a cert.  The inspectors really went a
long way in accommodating him.  Unfortunately, I wound up not buying the car
after all.'

        You made the seller and TAC jump through hoops and you still didn't buy!
        I guess the seller has to do what he must do to make a sale. Remind me
        not to sell you anything!

    Cheers,

     Jeff