Re: Re[2]: Missing Response

To: nicholsj@oakwood.org, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Missing Response
From: CobMeister <CobMeister@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 16:54:00 EST
Hey Jeff, Hey Gang,

<<You made the seller and TAC jump through hoops and you still didn't buy>>

I should point out that my wife and I and a whole bunch of dead presidents
flew 1200 miles in the expectation of buying based on the seller's
representations.  That, I think, is a considerable hoop jump on my own part.
I, as a matter of fact, told each of the potential sellers that I would be
looking at a number of cars.  I confess that when a would-be seller verbally
represents a car as being in a certain condition and configuration, I expect
it to be so.  If it is not, I reserve the right to not buy.  Sorry you think
that is unreasonable.

Perhaps you missed the points:  1) The guys who are doing TAC inspections
apparently want to try to be helpful.  2) Merely having a TAC cert is by no
means a guarantee of a "good" car, just one that is "authentic."

<<Does anyone have figures on the number of bogus Tigers?>>

How many would you like to have out there?  Is 1000 enough to justify a buyer
being concerned?  Is one enough?  How about if, after you buy, the one turns
out to be the one you just bought?  Then would you be concerned?

  <<I really believe the number of bogus Tigers is very small.  To believe
otherwise, paints a bleak and suspicious view of the Sunbeam
     Tiger world which I don't have.>>

Congratulations, I suppose, on maintaining your painfully naive world view.
In case nobody has previously mentioned it to you, there is something called
"The Real World" which occasionally intersects with your Sunbeam Tiger World.
My generally disingenuous world view where used cars are concerned is, I
suppose, the reason I arranged to view 3 Tigers before I flew to California.
I would have evaluated more if more TAC certified cars had been available.
They weren't, so I bought the best car of the three.

  <<Remind me not to sell you anything!>>

Instead, I shall remind you not to TRY to sell me anything... In selling, as
in so many other things, there is a world of difference between "trying" and
"getting the job done."

All that said and out of the way, I really don't want to argue with you or
anyone else.  Pax, I say, pax!

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Dubiously Readin' Used Car Ads Outside Las Cruces, NM, USA