Missing Response

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Missing Response
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 98 10:00:55 -0500

       In the past year there have been at least three requests for
     information on buying a Tiger. The request are for pointers on what to
     look for so a person is reasonably certain that what they are
     contemplating buying is the 'real' thing.  Has anyone received a
     private response?  I haven't seen one posted on this list and wondered
     if any of the Tiger experts responded to these requests.
       On the subject of "opinions",  the individuals who place TAC
     stickers on cars they believe are authentic Tigers are giving nothing
     more than their "opinion".  As far as I know, they were never
     designated  by Rootes, Jensen, Chrysler or Peugeot as official factory
     representatives. I doubt if any of the TACophiles were ever employed
     by those companies.  Hopefully, the TAC sticker and certificate say it
     is of their "opinion", that the car was built by Jensen.  The vast
     majority of Tigers without TAC stickers are the real thing no matter
     what some may believe.

     Jeff