EngineQuestion

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: EngineQuestion
From: Andy Frese <frese@muskingum.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 09:50:49 -0500
Ladies and gentlemen, I need some education regarding the use of a 302
vs the 289 for the MkII.  Not having participated in any events for so
many years, I am not aware of classification problems (stock, modified,
etc) of engine changes.  Basically, I'm restoring (damn, I removed the
original pop rivets on the ID plates) the MkII and want to be "stock" .
Is it a big deal?  And how does one tell the difference between a 289
4bolt main and a two bolt main without removing the pan?  Is the 2 vs 4
bolt a big deal?  Thanks in advance
(/)32