Re: Plates

To: Steven.Metcalfe@amermsx.med.ge.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Plates
From: Cool VT <CoolVT@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 23:24:49 EST
I would think that a remote station, or in fact almost any station would never
know if the original plate was mounted with screws or rivets..I mean, really,
who other than an enthusiast of English cars would know?  I bet if someone
rivited an ID plate on and then treated the rivets with a chemical to "age" it
that it could pass as original in 99 % if the cases.  Anyone ever try it???
                                                                          Mark
L.