Fixed, but still not right

Subject: Fixed, but still not right
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 12:04:30 -0600
I replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders and it is working, but it
isn't exactly right.  I got the parts from Sunbeam Specialties.  The slave
is fine.  The master looks to be the same size as the one I removed.  The
push rod is different and won't fit the pedal, so I subsituted the push rod
from the old unit.  The problem is the pedal is too close to the floor.
Since the master cylinders seem to be the same size, I don't understand
why, but that is the reality.  As I see it, I have a couple of options.
There is an aluminum spacer that fits between the old master and the
firewall.  If I leave it off, I think it will be OK.  Any reason that
spacer has to be there?  Another option is to bend the new push rod so it
will fit the pedal.  Any suggestion?  I'd call Sunbeam Specialties, but I'd
like to finish it off this weekend.

Jim Pickard
B9473298