Hard Top Headliner

To: Tigers Den <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hard Top Headliner
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 11:58:36 +0100
Tiger's,

I am installing new headliner in my Tiger hard top.  The P.O. had inserted the
leading edge of the liner UNDER the separate metal strip, and
pop-riveted the strip to the top.  The strip is currently the visible "finisher"
to the front headliner position.

I am sure that the headliner is meant to be folded under this strip, and that it
should not be seen.  I have been offered advise to lay the
headliner in front of the top, wrong side up, and pop-rivet the strip through
the material, then fold it back to the rear.  There should be, I'm
told, a cloth piece in here to wrap the sharp edge.

There are no instructions with the new material, or "cloth strip pad". and
nothing in any of the manuals, guides, and Shop Notes I have on
this subject.

I am a little uncomfortable about knowing just where to align the piece before
pop-riveting it upside-down (presumably I'm doing this off the
car with the top upside down on a pad.

Any advice by those who have done this job?  BTW: What cement did you use on the
rear edge and under the window rubber.  Any advice
on some foam pad between the bows?

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >