Re: Under Hood Heat

To: laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Under Hood Heat
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 18:27:18 -0700
On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:55:44 +0100 Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
writes:

>Never one to shirk the call of the truly needy, I hear you load and
>clear.
>Another of the marvelous Tiger (Alpine) "features" is the lack of a
>proportioning valve.  Disc brakes have a need for very high pressures,

Thanks Steve.. and I may be ahead of you on this one...
I already bought an adjustable proportioning valve  (Summit
has their house brand thats identical to the name brand
but cheaper!)
and I am sure that would fix it.
But what I am thinking of trying first is:
I really want dual circuit brakes so..

I have heard that the Ford Courier/Mazda b2000 dual master
cylinder fits fine... ??

I don't want 2 servos (the usual setup).
So what I was thinkin (and want to know opinions here) is
go dual circuit and put the servo in the front brakes only..
Now, they may be too effective so...  I put the proportioning
valve in the FRONT brake line.

Gary