Re: Fan-Tastic

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fan-Tastic
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 13:18:43 -0700
Tiger Listers,

A couple of addendums to Steve's message regarding our well-loved subject
of Tiger cooling.....I will try and be as succinct as possible, which is
difficult for me:

1.)  If you don't have any cooling problems on your Tiger, you can probably
hit your delete button now,

2.)  The piece of masonite (1/8") to protect the fins on the engine side of
the radiator should be 15-5/16 by 18-7/8 inches.  These dimensions seem to
fit my "stock" radiator configuration rather nicely.  Remember, measure
twice, cut once.  I saved mine as I no doubt will at some time need it again.

3.)  When removing the fan blade from the water pump, it is difficult to
get enough clearance to get the bolts off the fan blade.  I have found it
best to use either a flattened closed end wrench or a flat ratcheted closed
end wrench.  Least damage to the fins results when the masonite is in place.

As this is a most popular subject on the list, I for one hope to leave it
alone for a while.  ~;-{)>

Regards,

Allan
B9472373