Timing marks

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Timing marks
From: Larry Rominger <LARRYR2@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 18:10:58 -0500
I set forth to tune the 289 engine in my Tiger and found that the timing
marks on the crank pulley did not indicate either increments or TDC.
There are five marks; two long marks on each end of the set, a medium
mark centered between two ong ones, and the two shorter marks on either
side of the medium mark. Does anyone know which of these is TDC and what
are the increments between the marks? I know this is a stupid question
but I am not at all familiar with Ford engines.

Larry Rominger
B9473280