Re: Fw: locating rear susp

To: "Anita Barrett" <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: locating rear susp
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 02:28:37 -0700
    yes I did come up with it on my own.  Just sitting here at the computer one
day and reading the notes complaining the arc radius of the panhard rod.  I had
a Open Sedan that had a panhard rod, but the angle was odd, It would tend to
lift the rear left and drop it turning right.  So I just started thinking about
something that would have no bias at all, and that's what I cam up with.
     Some one had mentioned that the Watts linkage was like a rear facing lower
A-arm attached to the car, with the ball joint end on the Differential.  It
would work, but there would still be play through the bushings, so I came up
with my own....or so I thought !!  I would build the bracket so it's attached at
the rear of the differential, with selectable center line points as you
suggested.  Using tie rod type joints at each attachment point would allow for
perfect alignment, and strength besides...

Oh well, just another case of wrong place at the wrong time....I really need to
an Alpine so I can start playing in the real world again !!!  Any donations to a
wasted intellect?

Rich