Re: Steering Knuckles??

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Steering Knuckles??
From: DSand95510@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 03:39:15 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-06 23:24:16 EDT, CoolVT@aol.com writes:

>Allan,
>  Seems like when I replaced mine about 5-6 years ago that it wasn't all that
>easy to just loosen things up and pull the wheel and therefore the column up
>into the car.  It had probably never been removed and I'm sure I would have
>broken the steering wheel if I had continued to yank and pull on it.

Has anyone removed/replaced the knuckles by unbolting the rack from its mounts
and moving it forward/downwards?  I think I recall (and this goes back more
than a dozen years)  possibly also having to unbolt and raise or remove the
radiator to make room, but it wasn't too much effort.

Dick Sanders
Seattle