Re: Top Loader/6 bolt 289 bellhousing

To: "Gegg, Bill" <billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Top Loader/6 bolt 289 bellhousing
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 15:09:46 +0100

Gegg, Bill wrote:

> Many thanks to all who sent me the correct phone number for JBA out of
> San Diego.  I called them and was told that the scattershield that was
> mentioned in the Tiger supplement was probably a Lakewood.
>
> Did I just get the wrong person or does any Tiger have one of these
> scattershields?

Bill,

The Lakewood is a well known, widely used, and respected racing scattershield.
It is heavy, but that's part of it's need to prevent damage to you.
Unfortunately, they do not make a 5 bolt but the 6 bolt is available from most
speee shop suppliers.  There was a Tiger specific scattershield, a Cobra with
the "TIGER" name replacing the "COBRA" in the casting.  A picture is in Norman's
book, and I understand it is quite rare.  Have no idea if it is any good.  Ask
the Cobra guy down the street.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >