Re: Tigers United Scoring

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tigers United Scoring
From: "Norman C. Miller" <rootes1@best.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 09:22:55 -0700
Tom,

I am sure it is no surprise to you,  but my objection to the Lord Rootes
scoring system had and has nothing to do with its longevity, or how often
you and Bette have handled the job of adding up the points.  When you
developed the "methodology" you simply didn't get it right.  A
"class-less", "absolute" scoring system returns appropriate results for all
of the events except the "concours" (car show).

Autocross - benchmark - fastest time
Rally - benchmark - time & distance
Quiz - benchmark - most correct answers
Popular vote - benchmark - most votes
Concours (car show) - benchmark - we like that one

Solution - three classes - benchmark - stock

Each class has a winner regardless of points and is awarded first place
Lord Rootes competition points.

If you'd like I could go into other flawed concepts, such as the Lord
Rootes trophy being awarded to the car, but fixing the car show seemed a
higher priority.

Norm