Re: Tigers United Scoring

To: modtiger@engravers.com
Subject: Re: Tigers United Scoring
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:39:35 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-19 03:15:41 EDT, modtiger@engravers.com writes:

<< ...The methodology for scoring at STOA sponsored  events has remained
unchanged for at least 10 years and maybe considerably longer.>>

Seems I recall a thing which I have from time to time referred to as "the
chicken-sh*t tire changing rule" that was introduced at an STOA-sponsored
event in Tahoe.  That would have disqualified people who switched to different
wheels/tires for the autocross.  I think disqualifying people for doing things
that had always been allowed in the past represents a change in the scoring
methodology, and I anxiously await further attempts to explain how it is not.

<<As an example, the difference between
 the potentially stackable Popular Vote winner and second place is 2.5
 points out of a total of 450 points.  It doesn't matter how many more votes
 the most popular car (person) gets.  If the first place car got 100 votes
 and the second place car gets 2, the difference is still 2.5 points.>>

As an example, this is EXACTLY the type of information that needs to be
published in the promotional materials that solicit registrations.  Tell
people exactly what you're going to do, and how you are going to do it, and
then DO IT!  It's the relentless "surprises" in the "methodology" <that has
never changed?> that yields the "goose-poop" situations, the "adventues" like
ours in Grants Pass, and the recent "discussions" which came about because of
a request for information of just that nature.

Ramon