Re: Road & Track's Comparing the BMW M3 to a Tiger

To: rootes1@best.com
Subject: Re: Road & Track's Comparing the BMW M3 to a Tiger
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 17:42:54 -0700 (PDT)

> At 10:17 PM 6/20/98 -0700, Dallas Bowen wrote:
> >

> >...Problem with getting coverage in magazines (especially a cover story)
> >is that you can't buy a new Tiger anymore, therefore no advertising revenue
> >for the publication. Just a thought.
> >
> >Dallas
> >

> The problem is nobody knows about the Sunbeam Tiger.  Mick Walsh, of
> "Classic & Sport Car" says a Tiger on the cover of the magazine reduces
> their newsstand sales significantly.  Put a MG in its place and they’re
> dancing all the way to the bank.
>
> For my money, the fix is to jump on the coat-tails of our Shelby legend.
> It’s a simple fact that Shelby had more to do with the creation of the
> Tiger than he did with the GT 350.  A membership check to your closest
> Shelby owners group and some active participation, seems a small enough
> price to elevate overall marque awareness.  Someone might just take a
> picture of your car, you know sitting next to a Cobra, etc.

Nor-Cal SAAC has quite a few Tiger owners as members.  Next to the name
(DRIVEN) at the top of the monthly newsletter are thre words:  Shelby,
Cobra and Tiger.

Lots of owners have already thaken your advice.  And I have seen pictures
of Tigers next to Cobras in both the Nor-Cal newsletter and the
Natioanl SAAC magazine.

Roland