FW: Alger identification

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FW: Alger identification
From: "Parlee, Brad (ED&C,SLS)" <brad.parlee@edc.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 17:42:49 -0400
> How about a scarlet letter A on the hood???
I knew that one was coming..........

To be clear; I think that all Sunbeams including Algers are fun,
interesting, and the more the merrier.  The purpose of the Identification
would be to encourage harmonious Alger production.  For purposes like
hanging out, looking for advise, getting help, meeting for shows, racing and
general comradeship I want more Sunbeams in attendance.  (Especially strong
V8 ones)  One way to get more people involved is to stop trying to stop
people from building Algers.

.
My suggestions on how to mark Algers were meant to be Humorous, sorry if I
sounded belittling - not what I wanted to convey.  If a big Scarlet A is all
we can come up with, then we should skip the idea
Brad

> From:         Alvin and Lucille Johnson[SMTP:johnson@ids.net]
>
> How about a scarlet letter A on the hood???
> Don't be so quick to dismiss the appeal of a performing car versus a
> historically accurate slug. Do we revere them or use them?? Does utility
> enter in?
> An "Alger" with a spirited 289 or 302 would be twice the fun of an
anemic 260 bone-stock 2barrell carb Tiger with 2.88 gears.