Re: Alger identification

To: Bill Goebner <wgoebner@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: Alger identification
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 21:29:30 -0400 (EDT)
At 10:19 PM -0000 7/6/98, Bill Goebner wrote:
>Al,
>To me, my 260 bone-stock 2 barrell carb Tiger with 2.88 gears is very
>spirited.

Bill: You must have a Diesel Volvo as an everyday driver ;-)   (Paul
chuckles as he slips into his nomex  underwear.) My first Tiger was
configured this way- GIAGANTIC 1st gear bog off the line. Yeah, the ability
to cruise at 90 mph whilst ticking over ar 2900 rpm was nice, but getting
dusted by Honda Civics in stop light drags got old real fast! My second
Tiger had a @ 3.25 rear ratio- nice off the line, and very tolerable cruise
rpm's. The 3rd Tiger had a 3.71 ratio rear end- head snapping! A little bit
annoying on long interstate drives, however.