Re: Alger identification

To: "Dallas Bowen" <thebowens@yahoo.com>, "Paul Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: Alger identification
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 02:50:40 -0700
    The main thing to keep in mind here is the hieghth of the engine.  The
yamaha engine has no rear drive component available.  It was stricktly designed
for the Taurus, with a manual 5 speed also strictly for that engine/car..  This
engine is not too tall as compared to other OHC engines, but the tranny problem
would cost a fortune to remedy.

    There are other performance oriented V-6's around.  My has a Chevy Celebrity
Wagon with the GM 2.8 V-6.  This is a hot little engine, and very torqy  smokes
the tires with no problem.  My Taurus std 3.0 V-6 won't turn them at all in the
dry and just barely in the wet or gravel...but it's a better highway cruiser.

Rich