Re: Alger identification

To: cobmeister@zianet.com
Subject: Re: Alger identification
From: HW200@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 21:27:52 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-10 15:18:20 EDT, cobmeister@zianet.com writes:

<< True enough, but, on the other hand, did you ever try to drive your
 hundred shares of IBM to the mountains?  >>
Great point,but if you invested in 100 shares of IBM in 1967 you could be
driving anything you want through the mountains with the gains....my point was
not in agreement over the article in Moss Motoring it was in disbelief! The
defensive responses I have received have ranged from individuals claiming they
know Art Moss, (And you my friend areno Art Moss)- to something about a straw
man and Spiro Agnew! My point is that if you want a car to modify for racing-
build it, and do not worry about what a purist is going to say, just the
sanctioning body you will be racing with.That is what is will be for. If you
wreck a perfect Tiger on track you will most likely be looking for an Alpine
to fix it with- keep that in mind. Save the space on your Tiger for
partcipation plaques not Alger ID tags! Who is Harry Newton anyway and why
does he call our Tigers HYBRIDS- and an Alpine with a V8 - that was not a well
conceived article. I asume we can all write in to make that clear to Moss!

Henry