clutch problems

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: clutch problems
From: Curt Cacioppo <ccaciopp@haverford.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 22:06:56 -0500
Over a short period of time the clutch on my Mk1A lost pedal resistance,
then lost function in reverse gear, then lost function totally.  What am I
looking at in terms of repair? Do you really have to pull the engine?  Shop
manual is not very helpful.....  Grateful for any advice -- Curt. (Not to
weltschmerz overly, but after tweeking the carb, putting new rubber on, and
sprucing up for summer, this isn't what I had planned for an August of
parading the marque.....)  Thanks again! -- C.