Re: clutch problems

To: Curt Cacioppo <ccaciopp@haverford.edu>
Subject: Re: clutch problems
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 19:47:33 -0700
Curt,

We feel your angst!! However, you may be lucky and only have to replace
either the master or slave hydraulic clutch units. For starters, check the
reservoir to see if you still have fluid. If not full, where has it gone?
On the floor means the slave, down the inside of the firewall means the
master. Unless you have a lot of experience and/or are willing to sleeve
the cylinders, just bite the bullet and buy new ones. Sunbeam Specialties
is your best bet. Replacing them is a whole lot easier than pulling the
engine and replacing the clutch. The fact that the problem came on suddenly
strongly suggests that it's just the hydraulic system, not something more
serious. I hope for your sake I'm right.

Good luck,

Bob