Re: clutch problems

To: "Curt Cacioppo" <ccaciopp@haverford.edu>
Subject: Re: clutch problems
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 07:15:10 -0400
Curt; It sounds to me like you have a hydraulic problem. Have you checked
the fluid in the clutch master cylinder? If it is still full the master
cylinder probably has failed. If it is not full you must figure out where
the fluid went. if you can get under the car you should be able to see
movement at the slave cylinder when the pedal is depressed.Lots of movement
& no clutch operation would indicate a problem inside the bell housing.

Doug Leithauser

> From: Curt Cacioppo <ccaciopp@haverford.edu>
> To: tigers@autox.team.net
> Subject: clutch problems
> Date: Tuesday, August 04, 1998 11:06 PM
>
> Over a short period of time the clutch on my Mk1A lost pedal resistance,
> then lost function in reverse gear, then lost function totally.  What am
> looking at in terms of repair? Do you really have to pull the engine?
Shop