RE: New Tiger, the journey begins

To: <FRANK_BONIFAZI@HP-FtCollins-om4.om.hp.com>, <Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com>
Subject: RE: New Tiger, the journey begins
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 00:01:20 -0700
Frank, Chris and all,

As Dick Barker, Tom Hall, Steve Laifman and many others have so wisely
observed, if you are not puking radiator fluid, you are not overheating.  If
you are puking, check to see that you only have the header tank filled
half-way to the top.

Keep in mind that this esteemed group of Tiger enthusiasts has also noted
that the best operating temperature range (according to Ford) for the small
block is 190 to 210 degrees for maximum operating efficiencies and reduced
wear.  I found this to be VERY true myself when I modified the cooling
system on my car and had to go from a 160 degree thermostat to a 185 just to
get the beast to run properly.

"Nuff said.  As I have not finished reading my e-mail, I am confident you
will get many similar replies.  Consequently, this may be redundant so
accept my apologies in advance.  Can't help it; I am an engineer wannabe.
Good luck to you both and welcome to Tiger-dom!!

Regards,

Allan
9472373