Rare Book Sale

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rare Book Sale
From: Alvin and Lucille Johnson <johnson@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:59:35 -0400
The Tiger will go on or about August 22nd, and I have a 27 year hoard of
Tiger-related stuff that must go. One relatively rare and very practical
piece is the Rootes Dealer's Part List for Tiger and Alpine combined in
the original blue Rootes looseleaf notebook. This has every Tiger and
Alpine part number and has explosion drawings of all Alpine and Tiger
components. It is the source for the illustrations you see in Rick's
catalog. It is Rootes part #6600992 and includes Tiger Section #6601131.
Rare and expensive at $200 plus shipping. I also have a perfect Xerox
copy of it which I will sell for $100 plus shipping.
Another rare piece is the 1965 official National Hot Rod Association's
official Drag rules. It is a 48 page handbook in perfect condition and
it is illustrated. A great period accessory. Sorry, no Tiger
illustrations, but there is a pix of a Cobra dusting off a Vette.
Offers????
I also have an original copy of Chittenden's Performance Tuning the
Sunbeam Tiger. I know reprints are available, but this is an original,
if that still means anything. Offers?????
I am holding on to my Book of Norman and Taylor's Tiger--Making of a
Sportscar.
In the weeks ahead, I will list my remaining Tiger trinkets and parts.
Al Johnson